Sunday, December 16, 2012

DIY Wall Decal in just 2 hours!!

I had to make this. The idea was brewing in my head for quite some time, and I have to confess, with all such ideas, I lose peace of mind until I implement it.
Got the perfect opportunity, my husband was out for dinner with his soccer team. And this is what came out of a very productive me-time!


Just three rectangular sheets of white contact paper, cut out hand-drawn shapes and figures to create a sort of a stencil. I created a beach scene here with palm tree on one side, night sky and sea on the other, and us sitting on a bench by the beach. Paste it on the wall, and Voila!! The wall color shows through the cut contact paper. Mine is a cool shade of gray. But I guess a more contrasting color could also look very nice.
The best part of such crafts is that they are quick to make, and if you get bored of it after some time, the contact paper peels off easily! so you can change your wall art easily and keep the decor fresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment